Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 12 - Posture

One of the hardest things about doing the poses that are part of the KFB is maintaining proper posture. Being that I primarily sit at a desk all day, my posture already isn't great. During these exercises, I'm constantly struggling to hold my neck, spine, arms, etc. in alignment. It's a chore and a workout in and of itself, yet I see it as another area I can challenge myself in.

I'm definitely looking forward to going to detailed diets next week. While I haven't eaten terribly over the past week, not all of it has been KFB friendly. This week our dietary mission is to cut out processed foods. I figured this would be easy until I realized a bunch of my soup no longer qualified. Ah well, I'll just have to try to make asparagus soup again.

While I haven't experienced any drastic changes, I am feeling more alert; and I have to say, that energetic sensation you get after finishing working out is an incredible feeling.

There's quite a different dynamic to the KFB versus the PCP. With the PCP, it's about strength, powering through the workouts. With the KFB, there is a lot more mental activity involved. Landing punches, guarding yourself, focusing as you hold the yoga positions, meditation -- it's mentally intense yet exciting.

Sleep has also been vastly important in giving me the energy to get through my workouts. Thus, I better head off to bed soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also looking forward to the more detailed diets - mostly so I'll have a reason to not think about food so much ;).

    Unlike the PCP, I'm finding myself more ready for a nap after my workouts ...

    ReplyDelete